There’s a brand new Hearthstone expansion coming our way — United in Stormwind! After exploring the Horde (and all its glory), it’s time for players to experience the other “half” of Azeroth as well! Say goodbye to Kalimdor, and hello to the very home of the Alliance and all that it represents: Stormwind!
“Humans, night elves, dwarves, gnomes, draenei, and the savage worgen make up the illustrious Alliance. Proud and noble, courageous and wise, these races work together to preserve order in Azeroth. The Alliance is driven by honor and tradition. Its rulers are champions of justice, hope, knowledge, and faith.”
And, much like with the previous expansion, Blizzard will look to highlight and showcase the very best of Alliance, including 135 brand-new cards, a novel keyword, mount spells, Questlines, and so much more!
There’s a lot of ground to cover, so let’s dive straight into it!
Hearthstone | New Expansion “United in Stormwind”
As always, United in Stormwind
- First of all, Battlegrounds will be getting cosmetic heroes (like Millhouse Manastorm); secondly, a bunch of old cards will be replaced with brand-new ones so as to “better flesh out tribe identities.”
- Tradeable is a brand-new keyword that’s coming to the game — an addition that is wholly in line with the Alliance and its well-known trade district! Cards that are Tradeable can either be played like normal or, if you’re willing to pay 1 Mana, can be swaped out for another random card from your deck! Interesting stuff, to say the least! This keyword will affect the game in huge, sweeping ways, so expect the meta to change considerably once the expansion hits live servers!
- Blizzard will also introduce Questline cards for all 10 classes in Hearthstone. The official description perhaps explains it best: “Questlines are Legendary spells that start in your hand and have three tiers of progression. Get a reward after you complete each step of the Questline, culminating in a powerful Legendary mercenary minion!”
- United in Stormwind will also introduce mounts to the game. They will augment your minions in the best of ways and even stick around after their “riders” are gone!
- Players will also be able to harness the power of Profession tools, weapons with special effects instead of attack values.
As always, you’ll be able to pre-order the expansion in of two bundles: Standard (60 card packs, 2 random Legendaries, and the Lady Katrana Prestor Card Back) and Mega Bundle (80 card packs, 5 Golden card packs, 2 random Golden Legendaries, Lady Katrana Prestor Mage hero skin, Lady Katrana Prestor card back, Battleground perks, and the Ve’nari Alternate Battlegrounds bartender).
Last but certainly not least, you can check out the full list of revealed cards and spells by clicking here. United in Stormwind is scheduled for release on August 3rd, so mark your calendars, folks!
Finally, if you didn’t catch the official expansion reveal, we suggest you rectify that “mistake” as soon as possible! In any case, we’ll be back with more coverage over the coming weeks so stay tuned!